Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Reorganizing is Not a Bad Thing

So I'm on the road to accomplishing my goals for the month when out of nowhere a child swoops down and is now a semi-permanent fixture in my household while her mother is working. It's a hard job, taking care of three children under the age of 6. I'm going slightly out of my mind at this point.

This coupled with me acquiring another job this week (I'm the new Toddler section contributing editor for USMOMSTODAY.com! Yay!) has seriously impaired my ability to be organized. But that's okay. As time progresses, it is okay to change goals so as not to be overwhelmed and that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

So instead of eight articles for AC this week, I'm knocking it down to four, two which will be submitted for upfront. Other article ideas I'm saving for next week. I can only do so much and when it starts to get flabbergasting, I need to step back and reorganize. I'm also concerned about my fiction goals for the week. I'm hoping to get at least 4,000 words done on my novel. (You can read my fiction journey here.) I also have to print out another novel to submit.

In any case, I'm happy to report that my "Best of May" article is completed! You can read my picks here.

Have a great day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment