Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August brings more upfront pay but less page views

Examiner.com bit the dust for me this past month.  By doing a site wide "upgrade" that wasn't tested properly, they've screwed up much of the site.  After a few weeks, my pages (I wrote on two topics) are still messed up and not displaying properly.

So for the last few weeks, I've largely been ignoring this blog as I tried to salvage my readership from both my Examiner pages.  I've been developing new sites and such that left me writing less for Associated Content than I did before.  In the end though, while my page views have not been as great this month as they have been the previous two or three, my upfront payments were much higher than usual because I actively pursued topics that would get me an upfront.  I still had my 3 FC assignments but I also lucked up on two assignments that were targeted to FC's in the Arts and Entertainment categories and I had a partner call from Yahoo!TV which you can read about in this post.

Now as I proceed this month, my goals for my content and overall writing is to at least double what I've made for August.  I'm curious to see if I can make up for the Examiner.com loss through AC and my blogs.  I'm also expanding my network to YouTube so that should be wonderfully fun.

Continuing on, I'll be seeing if I can actually make enough to support myself and my children.  Right now, I'm borderline on being able to do that.  But in light of recent personal things, it is a reality that I'm going to have to face within the next six to eight months.   Can I reach my goal of being able to support myself and my children just with my online work?  It will be interesting to find out!  (Psssst, and that's why you should follow this blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment