Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Save a Drive, Buy Ink Online

I live in a rural area where the mountains and fields are broken only by dots of small towns, most 2,000 or less in population.  Up until a few months ago, my area didn't have any options in buying inkjet cartridges.  Now, the county has one refill shop but for most people around here (including me) it is over a half an hour drive.  As much as I work online, printing my writing submissions and invoices for clients, I despise having to drive down all that way just to get one item.

I've just been introduced to a cheap ink site called InkGrabber.com.  In trying to determine if it would be worth buying from them, I searched out the cartridges my HP printer uses.  I was surprised at the sheer number of selections available.  You can search by brand or you can type in the search box.

We all know printer ink isn't cheap when you have to go to the store to get it.  So how does the site measure up?  In comparing the prices online to the ink cartridges I usually by, I saw where with the remanufactured cartridges, the prices are very reasonable.  For new ones, the prices are about the same as what you'd find in any store.  But for either one, it saves a 30 minute drive! PP

No comments:

Post a Comment